If you get constipated often, then you need this.
Constipation is easily defined as when you have less than 3 bowel movements in a week. Simply put, constipation is when you do not visit the toilet or restroom as often as you should to relieve the waste accumulating in your bowels.
Anyone who has ever been constipated will agree with me that the feeling is not in anyway pleasant as it comes with;
- Hard stool
- Abdominal pains
Growing up, this happens to me when I eat certain food – combinations – like;
- Lots of Agege Bread
- Beans and bread
- Or not going the restroom when I feel the urge to ease myself.
These food combinations are some of my favorites, I could literally eat them anytime and it took a while before I realized that eating them too much or too often was not going well with my body system.
I grew up in an African household and my parents always had Africa Herbal remedy readily available for mild ailments like constipation, mild fever, Malaria etc
Today, I will be sharing with you a potent Nigerian herbal remedy that can help you feel less bloated. The major ingredients for this remedy is Bara.
Bara is a fruit that has always been used in native medicine to treat several ailments and conditions in Nigerian and today I will be writing about how it can be used as a herbal remedy for constipation.
The English name of Bara is Bitter Melon, Bitter Apple, bitter cucumber, Vine of Sodium or Wild gourd.
In Nigeria, Bara as it is commonly called in Yoruba language can be bought from “Alagbo” or “eleweomo”.
In Yoruba language, agbo is any herbal drink made with herbs, leaves,seeds,roots etc.
An Alagbo is a person who prescribes, concorts and sells herbal drinks made of herbs, leaves, roots, seeds etc for curing various ailments.
The explanation of the name “Eleweomo” is also similar to “Alagbo”, but people called Eleweomo specialize in prescribing, concorting and selling herbal remedies suitable for children.
Without further Ado, let’s dive straight into how to make this potent laxative to help you when you with constipation.
CONSTIPATION HERBAL REMEDY INGREDIENTS.
- Aromatic schnapp
Preparation Time : 30 – 45 minutes.
- Get a clean bowl water
- Wash bara skin with just water and sponge
- After washing get a big bowl and slice the fruit
This is necessary so as to be able to easily peel the skin and remove the seeds.
- Peel the skin of the fruit slices and also remove all the seeds
- The skin and the seeds are not useful for this herbal remedy so throw them away.
- Get a clean bowl of water
- Put the peeled fruit slices into the water and rinse
- Cut the peeled bara into small pieces
- Get a clean, sterilized bottle – you can also use plastic bottle
- Put the chopped bara fruits into the bottle
- Pour Aromatic schnapp into the bottle till it covers the bara and is filled to the brim
- Set aside and let it sit for 24- 48hours before use.
This is needed so enough fermentation and concerntration can take place.
- Drink not more than one shot cup per day
- On extreme cases do not drink more than 2 shot cups per day
Please note that you should remain indoors after drink this herbal remedy because it will make you visit the restroom about 2-3 times.
One thing is certain, you will feel a sense of calm freedom from all the bloating, nausea and abdominal pain after you have had adequate bowel movements.
However, I must clearly state that this herbal remedy;
- Should not be taken by pregnant women as it may cause miscarriage.
- It should not be taken by breastfeeding mothers because your baby may get some of it from breastmilk it may make your baby purge
- It should not be taken by children.
- If you want to stop purging call you need to do is to take a cold bath or drink Garri.
One thing is certain, we must make conscious effort to include fruits, vegetables and high fibre foods in our diet as a proactive way if preventing constipation.
To watch the video recipe Bara herbal remedy for constipation is prepared CLICK HERE.