Coconut chips is about a popular Nigerian snack. This snack is commonly sold everywhere including markets, schools and so on.
This recipe is so simple and it is made with just two (2) ingredients.
COCONUT FLAKES INGREDIENTS
4 tablespoons Sugar
- The first thing to do is to extract the coconut water. An easy way to extract coconut water is to use a sharp object with pointed tip- such as key, scissors- to puncture on of the three soft spots on the coconut. This method is easy as it help to reduce wastage and spillage because the water is coming out through on channel. Unlike when you have to break the entire coconut to get the water.
- Pour the coconut water into a bowl and set it aside.
- Remove the coconut meat ( i.e. the white edible part in the shell)
- With a grater, grate the coconut meat – it is better to use a big bowl to avoid waste
- Add sugar to the grated coconut (I will be using white sugar but you can either white or brown sugar)
- Mix well to make sure the sugar gets to all the coconut flakes
- Pour the mixed coconut flakes into a hot frying pan
- Fry on low heat while continuously stirring to avoid it getting burnt
- The coconut flakes will gradually fry with the natural oil in it, so there is no need to add oil.
- When most of the coconut is brown, delicious coconut flakes is ready.
Thank you for your interest in this recipe. Are you interested in watching How To Make Coconut Chips video recipe? CLICK HERE