Today’s delicacy is on how to cook authentic ofada sauce. This sauce is always sought after in typical Nigerian owambe parties. Ofada sauce is also called designer stew or ayamase sauce.
I will be using the names interchangeably. I will also share with you useful tips on how to get the perfect ofada taste.
For weekly simplified cooking recipes videos kindly subscribe Here
Let’s start cooking !!!
The ingredients for this recipe are;
0.25L Bleached palm oil (epo gbigba)
Green scotch bonnet peppers (ata rodo)
Green bell peppers (tatashe)
Red bell peppers (tatashe)
Smoked mackerel fish
Panla (Smoked hake fish)
Fried Goat meat or beef
Ponmo / cow sikn
- Blend tomatoes, peppers and onions to a rough texture.
Tip 1 – blended pepper mix must not be smooth
- Pour bleached palm oil in a pot and allow it heat up briefly.
- Pour the blended tomatoes, peppers and onions into hot oil.
Tip 2 – Using bleached palm oil is compulsory to get the perfect ofada taste. ( there is no substitute for bleached palm oil)
- Mix well and cook till it thickens.
- Check the thickness of the pepper mix
- Add all other ingredients in no particular order
- Cook for 20 – 30 minutes
Ofada sauce is ready to be enjoyed with rice, ofada rice, boiled yams, boiled sweet potatoes and lot more.
To watch full recipe video click here EASY OFADA SAUCE | TIPS FOR PERFECT OFADA TASTE