Nigerian Croaker Fish Stew Recipe
Welcome to my blog, today’s food recipe is croaker fish stew. This croaker fish soup is a common Nigerian soup because it is delicious and also very easy to cook. It easily combines well with white rice, boiled yams, sweet potatoes, Eba, semovita and lots more.
For weekly simplified cooking recipes please follow my blog!
The ingredients are as follows;
Croaker fish (de-gutted)
Bell pepper (tatashe)
Cayenne pepper (shombo)
Scotch bonnet peppers (ata rodo)
Crayfish Powder 100g£4.50
Maggi Star Seasoning Cubes (100 cubes)£4.20
- Blend tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, scotch bonnet peppers and cayenne pepper into a smooth paste.
- Lightly salt the fish with ⅟₂teaspoon salt.
- Toss it up few times and the fish is ready for frying.
- Pour vegetable oil in a frying pan and allow it heat up briefly.
- Add few slices of onions to the oil to add flavor to the oil.
- Lightly fry the onions and remove from the oil.
- Put the fishes in the hot oil.
- Fry both sides till it is golden brown.
- After frying all the fishes.
- Add some of the oil used to fry the fish in a pot.
- Add the blended pepper and tomatoes.
- Cook till it thickens a bit.
This is necessary so that less salt and seasoning will be used.
- Add crayfish powder, salt, seasoning cube and fried fishes
- Mix gently and cook for 15minutes.
CROAKER FISH SOUP IS READY!!! Thank you for visiting my blog. To watch full video of this recipe Click HERE EASY FISH STEW RECIPE | NIGERIAN CROAKER FISH STEW | QUICK NIGEIAN FOOD RECIPES