Boiled Peanuts Recipe
Roasted Peanut(Groundnut) 50cl£2.26
Sisi Pelebe ( Peanut Candy) 12 pieces£3.07
Kuli Kuli 100gProduct on sale
What is boiled peanuts? Boiled peanuts or boiled groundnuts are raw peanuts in their shells boiled with salt and water over high heat to soften the edible peanut (s) in the shell.
Making boiled peanuts at home is easy and you don’t need too many ingredients to get a delicious basket of boiled peanuts.
Incase you are wondering how to eat boiled peanuts, it is very simple; crack the peanut shell open to remove the boiled peanuts.
And Peanuts shells are not edible.
I feel so excited to sharing this recipe with you. The reason for my excitement is simply because this recipe brings up good childhood memories that makes me feel nostalgic.
I remember when I would save my transport money by trekking to school and back, so that I can by boiled groundnuts to snack on at home.
As a matter of fact I have always enjoyed eating boiled groundnut right from the first time I tasted it.
Without much ado, let’s get into this simple recipe.
Raw groundnuts (peanuts)
Cooking Utensils needed
Bowls (big & small bowls)
- The first step is sorting
- Pour the groundnuts into a big bowl
- Carefully remove the dirt such as stones and bad rotten groundnuts
- Get another big bowl
- Pour a lot of water into the bowl
- Add the sorted groundnuts
- Rinse the groundnuts about 4 times or untill the water is clear.
- Put a pot on fire
- Pour the rinsed peanuts into the pot
- Add water and salt
- Cook the peanuts till it is soft
- Pour groundnuts into a basket to drain the hot water
- Allow it to cool down
BOILED GROUNDNUTS IS READY
- This boiled groundnut recipe is for groundnuts that have not be shelled i.e groundnuts that are still in the pod.
- Although, you can also use this recipe for raw groundnuts that have been shelled but you have to reduce the quantity of the salt you will use for boiling it so that your peanuts don’t become too salty to be eaten.
- Peanuts are uprooted from the ground so it is important you ensure that they are washed well in clean water until the water becomes clear before cooking.
- After cooking the groundnuts and draining the hot water, if you can’t wait to allow the peanuts cool down before eating because you feel it is taking too long or you just don’t have the time to wait for it. Here is what you should do;
- Get a bowl filled with a lot of water
- The water has to be room temperature or cold water
- Pour the freshly boiled hot groundnuts into the water
- Make sure the water covers the groundnut completely
- This will cool the groundnuts so that it is ready to eat immediately.
- Pour the groundnuts into a basket to drain excess water.
To watch the video of this recipe please click here BOILED GROUNDNUTS RECIPE
8 thoughts on “Boiled Peanuts Recipe”
I’m very pleased to uncover this great site. I want to to thank you for your time just for this fantastic read!!
I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you saved to fav to see new stuff on your site.
What’s up, every time i used to check weblog posts here early
in the morning, since i like to gain knowledge of more and more.
Hello there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter
group? There’s a lot of people that I think
would really appreciate your content. Please let me know.
Hi there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with Search Engine Optimization?
I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good success.
If you know of any please share. Thanks!
This article is really a nice one it assists new web visitors, who are wishing for blogging.
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through many
of the articles I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely delighted I found it and I’ll
be bookmarking it and checking back often!
Appreciate this post. Let me try it out.