Peanut Burger Snack
Peanut Burger snack is easy to make and so delicious. It is generally enjoyed by people of all age groups as long as they do not have peanut allergy because this is the main ingredient of this recipe.
Seeing the word ‘burger’ in the caption you probably think this recipe has something to do with bread.
Honestly, this recipe has nothing to do with bread, not even in the slightest. Instead peanut burger refers to a delicious West African Snack made with peanuts or groundnuts.
Peanuts are common snacks sold in grocery stores and on the street.
How to cook peanuts
For easy understanding, I would like you to know that peanut is the same as groundnut. West Africans call it groundnuts while people from the West call it peanut.
There are three (3) common ways of cooking raw peanuts
- Boiling – this method is commonly used to cook peanuts in the pod. You learn more about this method from the highlighted recipe Boiled Peanuts Recipe
- Frying – this refers to frying with preferred cooking oil just like in this recipe
- Roasting – unlike the frying method, when roasting peanuts dry ingredients are used to get them properly cooked
To learn more about roasting peanuts with dry ingredients click here
You can also shop for freshly roasted peanuts at https://yournativefoodstore.com
Before I list the ingredients for this recipe, It is important to note that peanut burger should be properly crushed when given to toddlers.
This is because uncrushed peanut burger is a choking hazards for babies and toddlers.
Ingredients for Peanut Burger
- Raw peanut/groundnut
- 2 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- ½ cup tablespoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 2½ vegetable oil
- 6-8 cups water
- ½ tablespoon salt
How to make Peanut Burger
- Pick out the dirt or rotten peanuts
- Boil water
- Get a big bowl and pour the hot water into the bowl
- Add ½ cup salt into the hot water
- Add the peanuts and mix well
- Cover the bowl to steam peanuts for 10minutes
- After 10 minutes, pour wet peanuts on trays – ensure the peanuts on each trays are not too much.
- Sun dry the wet peanuts for 6-8hours
- When Peanut is dry enough then mix the dry ingredients.
- Pour the flour, milk, sugar and ¹½ tablespoon salt in a big bowl and mix well.
- Crack the raw eggs into a bowl.and mix well.
- Get a big bowl.and pour the dried peanuts into it.
- Start coating the peanut by first add few tablespoons of eggs to peanuts.
- Mix the peanut in a circling motion to properly coat it with the eggs
- Next sprinkle some of the dried ingredients all of the peanut
- Again mix well by moving the bowl.in a circling motion.
- Do this till the peanuts are coated to your satisfaction
- Place a bowl underneath a basket
- Transfer the coated peanuts into the basket
- Move the basket in a circling motion to remove the excess dry ingredients.
- Put your frying pan on the cooker
- Pour vegetable oil into the frying pan and allow it heat up well
- You can test the hotness of the oil by dropping one or two coated peanuts into it.
- If the peanut starts frying then the oil is hot enough.
- Scoop the coated peanuts into the oil and fry on high heat.
- Ensure you don’t put too much peanuts in the hot oil at once
- Gently mix the peanuts at intervals
- As it fries, you would notice the peanuts begin to float .
- Fry for 8-10 minutes or till peanut ar golden brown.
- Scoop peanuts out of the hot oil into a basket to drain excess oil.
- Do this till all coated peanuts are fried.
The video form of this recipe is available on my YouTube channel. To watch the video simply click on the video icon below.
While you are on my YouTube channel, feel free to like the video, leave your comment and share the video.
Of course I would love you to subscribe to my YouTube channel as well.
If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to be notified whenever a new recipe is posted please subscribe to this blog below.
© 2023 The Online Cook