Coconut tapioca recipe.
Tapioca is the starch product gotten from cassava. In Lagos Nigeria, the type of tapioca sold in the markets have are dried and dehydrated usually white in colour.
If you are not familiar with tapioca quality, you might end up buying tapioca with off-white colour but good quality tapioca is white in colour
Technology has also made it easy for everyone to shop for food online and tapioca is not exempted. If you would like to buy quality tapioca online you can BUY HERE
You must be wondering how tapioca is made, tapioca is made from cassava. Cassava is a plant in the tuber category that is popularly grown and consumed in Nigeria. It is used to process a wide variety of Nigerian foods such as;
- Pupuru Ikale
- Fufu (akpu)
And many more.
Tapioca is a common food eaten in Nigeria with a wide variety of toppings like sweet coconut flakes, milk, sugar, peanuts, akara, moi moi, dodo(fried plantains) and many more.
It can be eaten as breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner or even as dessert. It all depends on you.
Although, It might not be an ideal food for anyone who wants to lose weight because it is high in carbs,calories and has no protein or fibre. Tapioca can be a tasty choice food for anyone who intends to naturally gain weight.
There are many tapioca recipes and this is is a one of the Nigerian recipes on how to cook tapioca pudding with coconut.
- 1 cup Raw tapioca
- Coconut flesh
- Coconut water
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
PREPARATION TIME: 30MINUTES
COOKING TIME : 30MINUTES
- Pour raw tapioca into a big bowl
- Add a lot of water in the bowl and let the tapioca soak for 10-30 minutes to soften the tapioca and to also ensure that any sand or dirt in the tapioca settles to the bottom.
- Puncture one of the 3 hole spaces on the coconut to neatly extract the coconut water
- Pour the coconut water into a bowl and set it aside
- Break the coconut to separate the coconut flesh from the shell
- Dispose the coconut shell
- Grate the coconut with a grater and set it aside
- Put the pot on the cooker and add water according to the thickness you want
- Add the coconut water, sugar, and grated coconut
- Put the soaked tapioca by gently scooping it from the water with your hands so that the sand and dirt settled at the bottom wont mix with the tapioca
- Cook for 20-25 minutes
- And coconut tapioca pudding is ready.